BurntMS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BurntMS

Where you get burned!

Brendan's GM Application

Brendan

Brendan's GM Application Empty Brendan's GM Application

Post  Brendan Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:45 am

Name: Brendan Dillon

Time Zone/Location: GMT - 5 hours. United States of America

Email/AIM: E-Mail: brendan.dillon526@gmail.com MSN: darkdrake526@hotmail.com

In-Game-Name: Brendan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.What will/can you do as a GM?: What is expected of me and more. I am not one of those guys who will sit around and do nothing until someone needs help. I don't just sit in one spot and go AFK hours at a time. I WILL hang around with people, give my undivided attention to those in need and dedicate my time towards doing what is required of a GM.

2.What could you contribute to the server if you were to become a GM?: I can contribute activeness, fairness, and security. I have a lot of experience with the responsibility of being a GM. I will always work my hardest to catching hackers, abusers, and rule breakers of any kind. Helping people when they need it, and at the same time bonding and being a part of the Burnt MS Community.

3.What would you do if you saw someone hacking (1st time, 2nd, 3rd)?: 1st time is the ONLY time in my opinion. Someone who has to alter the game experience to favor himself/herself over others is completely unfair and totally intolerable. No matter what the hack is, it is unacceptable. 1st time is a warning followed by a ban if the hacker refuses to stop, and I will send a message to someone of higher power to go over that hacker's punishment with proof. 2nd time I will ban without any warning, again I will send a message to a person of higher power with proof. 3rd time I will ban, and I will not send a message. 3 strikes, you're OUT!

4.How would you deal with a spammer/abuser?: A verbal warning would be given to the player. If that player does not comply and stop spamming/abusing I will kick that user. If that player abuses/spams once more, I will ban that player and notify a staff member of higher power. I will also take screenshots of all offences to prove that abuser's/spammer's guilt in the situation.

5.How would you use the !item command?: The !item command is never to be abused in my opinion. I will never use the !item command and give out items of any kind, even if it is a snail shell or 1 meso.

6.Do you have any GM experience?: I do have GM experience, but I have not accumulated that much time as a GM. I am familiar with noticing hackers and cheaters and delivering punishment fairly to anyone who breaks the rules, but I have learned what I know from many types of private servers of all sorts. I am an ex-Moderator of Runescape (Real Runescape) of 2 years now. I was also a Moderator on one of the top 3 RSPS of the world, so the responsibility of a GM is something I am completely aware of.

7.Any unique talents(coding, gfx, etc): I am working on become a GFX artist, as well as a web developer but I am not that good. I can still offer some skills whenever or wherever possible.

8.What type of events would you host? With what prize? how often?:] I will only host events at least 3 times a day ONLY if an Admin, Head GM, Owner, or Co-Owner says it is okay. Prizes will differ depending on the event. Event points, cash items, or an amount of Crowns or Golden Eggs are possibilities.

9.How many hours would you be willing to commit a week?: I am on about 4-5 hours a day on the weekends, and about 8-9 hours Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have a week long vacation starting Monday, February 21 2011 so I can be on just about 24 hours a day if I want Smile

10.What would you do if you saw a relative/friend hacking?: There are no exceptions! Anyone caught hacking will be dealt with swiftly, fairly, and it will be justified.

11.Would you leave the server if you were not picked as GM?: No, just because I am not promoted to GM is not a good reason for anyone to leave. Not being picked for GM isn't the end of the world. It is a great honor and if I am not able to uphold that honor, does not mean I will quit. I will only work harder towards reaching my goals.

12.Would you leave the server if a problem were to happen (small and big)?: No. I will stay through thick and thin no matter what happens. If the server goes offline for a few days because of a DDoS or a hacker is attacking it I will patiently wait until it is back online. If the server is given a DMCA letter, but there are plans to bring it back, I will wait and do anything to the best of my abilities to help.

13.Why should we choose you as GM?: I always hated this question. To be completely honest, I don't think you SHOULD pick me to become the next GM of Brotherhood MS. I do, however, think my application should be reviewed and given a fair decision on acceptance or denial. There could be many other applicants who prove to be better choices over me, but I do wish to have a fair review.

14.What would you do if a player asked for an Event item/MSI (Max stat item)?:I will always deny players free items, constant events, or anything else. Players will only be given items when they win events, or if they work hard for them. Nothing will be given out for free.

~A little about yourself: I am, and hope, Burnt MS's first and only... GINGER! That's right Very Happy I am a daywalking, soulless, full blown ginger. I am 17 years old and I was born in the U.S.A I am currently in High School, not for much longer though, and I have great plans to join the United States Marine Corps (U.S.M.C) as soon as I graduate. I am a fun person to be with. I like to joke around, but when times get tough, I will probably completely turn into a Serious Susan Razz. If you want to know me, just ask!

~Additional Info: If you have follow-up questions just let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability Smile

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:07 pm